Are you looking for a plant-based diet?
Are you one who’s been hearing ‘stay away from soy — it can mess up your hormones” — or some variation of that?
Keep reading, and maybe this information will help sort out some confusion. And reduce some stress. And give more clarity as you make your choices.
So — is it about the hormones?? My goodness, after 5000 years of Asians thriving on soy, they’ve been perfectly capable of procreating. And with no character in the written language for “PMS” or ‘hot flashes” or other such hormonal issues, what’s happened with the new concerns about soy?
Is it really the SOY? Or is it something that’s happened to the soy?
Here’s a powerful article essentially outlining the differences as well as the safety of Shaklee soy products.
Summary: Here are a couple of excepts from the article above:
- “…those who enjoy soy foods can feel comfortable eating as much as three or four servings of these foods per day. This amount provides around 25 grams of protein and about 100 milligrams of isoflavones.”
- “…one advantage of consuming soy early in life may be protection against breast cancer. Epidemiologic studies show that consuming approximately one serving of soy per day during childhood and/or adolescence reduces breast cancer risk later in life by as much as 50 percent.
- “…evidence indicates that consuming soy foods may markedly lower risk for chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.”
- …the evidence clearly shows that soy foods do not exert feminizing effects (on men).
- “clinicians no longer need to advise against soy consumption for women diagnosed with breast cancer“
Please reference the article for complete context and information.
As one of our top Shaklee scientists* says: “There’s 5000 years of history of Asian families who have depended on soy and thrived.”
*He’s of Chinese heritage, says he’s used soy all his life, and smiles as he says he’s also father of 2 healthy grown daughters.
Here’s another valuable perspective on the safety of soy— when it’s correctly sourced and processed. (@6 min)
Safety of Soy — an excellent resource article directly from Shaklee Health Sciences.
Shaklee has featured Non-GMO and low-heat-processed soy for decades…
…beginning with the original research from Dr. Shaklee. He considered it a complete plant-based protein source, and these standards and support for this research have been maintained throughout Shaklee’s history.
Of course, in addition to the complete line of Soy Protein products–specific info here– Shaklee does offer Plant (non-soy) and Whey protein shakes.
So as you make your selection on which of the delicious protein shakes you choose,
Hope this helps clear up some of the questions.
Now go ahead and make your choice — knowing that you can trust Shaklee to be always Safe and Proven — with results that are Guaranteed!